Roots & Shoots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Company Carbon Emissions

Go down

Company Carbon Emissions Empty Company Carbon Emissions

Post  celinegoh Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been doing some research on how to get companies in Suzhou to offset their carbon emissions. I have found this ECO-AUDIT program going on in Shanghai, overseen by JGI-Roots and Shoots.
You can find their website here: <http://www.eco-audit.org/index.php?cID=55>

Basically, they get high school/university students to actually go to companies, and carry out audits, to calculate the company's carbon footprint (e.g. though transportation emissions, and corporate air travel). The company then pays to plant trees to offset their carbon footprint.

This ECO-AUDIT program has been very popular in Shanghai, reaching out to over 116 companies, including Coca-cola, Microsoft and IBM. The companies get to exercise corporate social responsibility (to the environment), and this program also receives extensive media coverage (through Chinese newspapers such as China Daily).

I think we should think about getting in touch with JGI-Roots and Shoots, do more research, and perhaps even carry out a similar ECO-AUDIT project for companies in Suzhou.

What do you all think?

-Celine

celinegoh

Back to top Go down