Roots & Shoots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carbon FootPrint

2 posters

Go down

Carbon FootPrint Empty Carbon FootPrint

Post  PeiYiNiam Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Dear Roots and Shoots members,

As the Christmas Holiday is approaching I encourage all of you to find out if you are traveling and how to offset your Carbon Emission. We can sit around in the IB Room and talk about encouraging people doing it, but the best way to is simply start from your family.

http://www.jgi-shanghai.org/Content.aspx?ItemID=164

The link above is the webpage that helps you figure out how much money you need to donate offset your carbon emission while traveling.
As your treasurer I have placed in the first donation myself, offsetting the carbon emission that my family would be emitting during our upcoming Taiwan Trip Very Happy Like I said I strongly encourage you to do the same.

If you are planning to donate money, please give it to me in an envelop which includes:
1. Where you are flying from and to,
2. (optional) The calculation as shown on the webpage on the link,
3. How much money you are donating &
4. Who is placing in the donation.

I hope you all enjoy your upcoming holiday! And set back your carbon emission!!

Best Regards,
PeiYi Niam
Treasurer of SSIS Roots and Shoots

PeiYiNiam

Back to top Go down

Carbon FootPrint Empty Re: Carbon FootPrint

Post  Kevin Wang Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Hey everyone,

There is a better (and easier) website for calculating how much you need to pay to offset your carbon emissions. The URL is http://www.mtpchina.org/ and go to Carbon Calculator. All you have to do is put in the number of miles traveled and you get how much money you have to pay.

Thanks,
Kevin Wang

Kevin Wang

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wang Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Update on Carbon Emissions:

Our group has decided that we set up outside the canteen 2 times a week on Wednesday and Friday. I will have a copy of the sign up sheet on Monday to pass around so everyone can sign up. Further information will be given at the meeting.

Thanks,

Kevin Wang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down